- Web Design ServedProject Featured On:Web Design Served — 4/28/12
Jordan – BCT Low
- Jordan – BCT Low
Role – Ideation / Art Direction / Design / Animation
- Situation – Jordan Brand approached Academy/Blast Radius with the need to promote their newest training shoe, the BCT Low. Unfortunately the story behind the shoe was pretty shallow/convoluted/non-existent. And as we all know it’s pretty hard to tell a story when there is no story. So our first task was to try and get an understanding of the thinking behind the creation of the BCT Low. We were lucky enough to be able set up an interview with the designer behind the product, Tinker Hatfield.
- Task – We knew we’d be working with an interview but we were uncertain as to the type of content we’d get back, and we didn’t want to publish the typical “talking head” interview. I helped come up with the idea of loosing the video all together and simply using the audio from the interview to drive a visual experience.
- Action – After a bout of brainstorming we settled on a solution involving Kinetic Typography. Although Kinetic Type is nothing new, this is the first time where the audience had a chance to really engage with it on an interactive level, in a fun and playful manner. We had a great deal of time to develop the working prototype as well as set the Art Direction, however the final design was completely dependent on the final interview responses. So from the time we got the interview responses we only had 2 weeks to design everything, animate everything and implement it into the working prototype.
- Results – We delivered on time, exceeded client expectation, and the design community at large responded with just as much enthusiasm.
Agency: Academy + Blast Radius
Ideation: Per Hansson, Greg Washington, Joerg Merz
Creative Direction: Per Hansson
Art Direction: Greg Washington
Design: Greg Washington
Animation: Greg Washington
Development: James Wright & Daniel Butler
Photography: Sven Boecker
Copywriting: Greg Liburd
Live Site – http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/BCT